Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Never Ending Story?

I was hoping to be showing some nice, brace-free pictures by now, but it wasn't in the cards this visit! The tentative braces removal date was set for this past Thursday, but when I came in, they said that my bite was so far off that if the braces came off now, it would not be a question of if, but when they needed to go back on. We're no longer even talking about taking the braces off, which makes me think this could be a long haul. It's disapointing, but having invested this much time and money in my teeth, I'd rather take the extra time to get it right. If we could make this process take less time than my entire college education, that would be stellar, though... I feel like I haven't had corn on the cob in years!

2 comments:

  1. So Sorry! The way times flies, your braces will be off in no time. Honestly, I feel the say way about mine though. My surgery was over a year ago and my ortho said I will have the braces another year. That will be two years past the surgery. You hang in there! I am sure you will be glad you kept the braces now instead of having them put back on later. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you mentioned corn on the cob. I have really missed eating that as well! I always have to cut it off. so sad. I can't wait till you get your braces off though! It will be such an exciting day I'm sure! I remember when I got my braces off in middle school and it was such an awesome feeling, but now after us having gone through all this I'm sure this feeling will be ten fold. Hang in there! I'm sure time will fly by and before you know it, you'll be brace free!
    Thanks for the reassurance about the lips coming together. It is annoying, My surgeon told me to start practicing now but it feels soo unnatural. It will take some getting used to for sure!

    ReplyDelete