Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sooooo confused!

I had an orthodontist appointment today to start working on closing the gap left when they pulled teeth before surgery. And it was full of surprises. The first surprise came when I learned I would not be seeing my orthodontist, but her partner, who I will apparently be seeing from now on. I didn't ask why this was... maybe I'm just that annoying as a patient??
He came in to take a look before any of the wires came off. And the next surprise was, after looking around for a minute, he pronounced me ready for surgery! I said no, the oral surgeon said the gap would need to be closed orthodontically partway before surgery, so it won't be until December. Apparently when the surgeon and the *new* orthodontist talked yesterday, he said he would just take some bone out during surgery to close the gap. So I walked out of there with surgical wires and hooks still on, waiting for a call today or tomorrow after he checks in with the surgeon.
Of course, the possibility of going ahead with surgery is very good news. The sooner I get into surgery, the sooner I get out and get rid of the braces. But I am a serious planner, and this throws a SERIOUS monkey wrench into my plans! I really don't know what news I want to hear when the phone rings!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Sound interesting. It will all work out. Try not to stress too much. Keep us informed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...talk about being caught off gaurd! Well, like you said, on the bright side, the sooner you have the surgery, the sooner you will be done with it all. Keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete