Friday, July 17, 2009

Decisions, decisions!

I had my first official pre-op workup Wednesday, during which no wrenches were thrown! The removal sites are healing up well and they're still working towards an August 26 date. Very exciting.
So now that things are moving along so well... an entirely different type of wrench. I don't know if I've mentioned that I've had a lot of trouble getting a job in the past year (it seems my parents were right- a degree in psychology and Spanish doesn't qualify you for much!) A teacher who I worked for long-term last year is starting a academic life skills program at a new school and wants me to come be her assistant. This would be full time, for as long as I want it. Plus it's exactly the kind of program I want to teach in and the teacher is GREAT, I would learn SO much. And they were willing to work with me about surgery. So long as I had surgery over Thanksgiving.
Uh-oh.
So now the question is, do I apply for the job and put off surgery? There is a chance that if I did that, I wouldn't get the job and would have put myself and the entire office staff through a lot of hassle for nothing. But I need, need, need a real job.
Oh, jaw surgery... why do you have to mess with so much more than just my mouth?

2 comments:

  1. I hope this job works out for you. Push that doctor for the November date. Maybe he will work it out. Blessings coming your way! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meredith,
    Best of luck, I think you should be fine, uppper jaw surgery is much less demanding than lower jaw! In my case, I'll need lower jaw surgery. I was wondering if you could ask your surgeon if they use piezosurgery nowadays to do the bone cutting, my current surgeon doesn't, so I wanted to check if any do. Everytime, I call a surgeon's office, they just want to schedule an appointment, so that doesn't help with my question :/

    Thanks and best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete