Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 7

Well, some things are getting better, some are about the same. My nose is so much clearer, which is really nice. I'm hoping I don't have to take Sudafed crushed up at all anymore, because it's disgusting crushed up and really hard to swallow because it's so small. At the same time, it's better than not being able to breathe!
The swelling seems to have stabilized. It's gone down a lot since the hospital, but now it's not going down any more.
I know I need to be eating more, but nothing sounds appetizing. Three or four times today I went up to the kitchen to grab some soup or a smoothie. But one glance at the basket of KitKats on the counter and anything I could eat suddenly seemed totally repulsive. I think the main problem is not having options. I really like food, and I like thinking occasionally during the day about what I'll eat next. Usually it's cereal. I know, it wasn't made for dinner, but it's so good! There's no fun in eating when my choices are so restricted. I think I'll ask for some little ice cream cups, like the ones Edy's makes that are a single serving in all different flavors. Then I can look forward to picking out a milkshake flavor that evening. I hope that helps, because right now every little thing exhausts me. I usually have SO much energy, so that's a big change for me. I used to be able to commute 3 hours a day, work a draining job for 9 hours, and go to school full-time online. Now all I do is schoolwork, and that's all I could possibly do in the day. It's frustrating.
I'm adding in job-hunting tomorrow, though. The commute was bad at my peak, I don't want to do it now. Plus the doctors I work for are not very understanding and will not accept that I don't have the same kind of energy. If I could find something in special education, where I really want to be, now, that would be so ideal.
I hope that everything is going well with everyone! Pictures will come soon.

3 comments:

  1. You are a busy lady! I hope you are able to find the job you want. While out there, take breaks. You still need your rest. It took me a while to get back to full speed. It want take long. Hang in there! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy - you don't want to over-do it! I had problems with eating and not having choices, as well. It helped me to have lots of ice cream, fruit, yogurt, and pudding choices that I could combine into smoothies or milkshakes as desired - and also soup combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meredith! How are you feeling today? I am glad that things sound like they are getting a little bit better, even if it is slow. I am definitely feeling a bit better today (day 4). But, at least you are now on your second week which I am sure is a lot better. Oh, and I don't know how you dealt with the nose and both jaws. I only had the lower jaw and genioplasty and I decided against the nose and I am so glad. I feel like it was already hard to breathe, I couldn't imagine having my nose packed. So you are definitely tougher than I am!! :) Anyway, I hope to hear an update soon and I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete