Wednesday, December 9, 2009

4 week follow-up













Still can't put up after pics, ugh! But I can put up some good before ones. There's one before braces, one horribly close up, one horrible profile, and one sideways picture that I can't figure out how to change or remove.



Not much to report from this visit. Things are going well, still no rubber bands needed (YAY!!!!) and I've been doing a great job keeping everything clean, which was really good to hear. And I have an appointment to get rid of the dreaded splint! It's going to be a long one, because it's going to require local anesthesia. I'm not sure why, did anyone else need that? From reading other people's blogs, I thought it was pretty easy and painless! Unfortunately, I only found this out on my way out, so I couldn't ask about it.




He wants me to schedule an appointment with the new orthodontist at the practice I go to as soon after that as possible. He says I still have quite a while left in braces :(




And the first 8 weeks after the splint comes out I'm limited to food no harder than french fries. I'm pretty sure I'll put back on all the weight I'd lost immediately, because most of the things I can think of softer than french fries are not particularly healthy!




Oh, and I applied for a local job in a special ed program today... praying that I get that and don't have to go back to my old job and commute! I'm dying to get back into swimming, and I just won't have time between work, commuting, and school.
I hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're doing well. This is totally off the subject, but are you a fellow swimmer? Swimming is awesome! It might feel good to get back into the pool right? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meredith! Just wanted to let you know I got my splint out today (post to follow soon, hopefully)and it didn't hurt AT ALL. I was nervous that it might after reading your post, so I asked them right beforehand and they said it could hurt a little b/c the wires might hit against my gums or something like that. But I don't know if it was b/c my doc (the main resident) did such a good job, but there was not even an ounce of pain involved. just wanted to let you know. Oh, but I did have a MAJOR lisp when it came out which I was pretty embarrassed about. It seemed to have gotten better throughtout the day, but basically I have realized that I can't do anything normal. It's like my mouth has completely forgotten how to talk, eat, smile, etc. I dont' know if other people had this happen and it just takes a few days, but it was really bad. I tried to eat very soft pasta, and it was like my mouth had no idea how to do it. I could feel it doing weird things like moving side to side (like a cow) and same with my tongue. Honestly, I almost just want the thing back in. At least my teeth fit securely into it, whereas now they are not fitting together right at all (ortho still has work to do to get that to happen) :( I am sure yours will go better and just think it's only about another week, right? I am constantly thinking about you and hoping things are going ok for you. At least we can commisserate together, right? We will make it thru though.

    ReplyDelete