Saturday, December 19, 2009

The other day a college friend came and picked me up for a walk around the mall. At one point, I saw a childhood friend, one of those that you don't necesarily keep up with, but always run up and hug when you see them. I looked at her, she looked at me, smiled, and looked away. It was a bit uncomfortable- did I want to go "introduce" myself? I decided against it, considering that I'm still not looking so hot and still not being understood by people outside my immediate family and close friends. But it was an odd feeling, not being recognized by someone I've known for years!
In other news... two and a half days until I can talk, (sort of) eat, and (hopefully) drink from something other than a syringe! I can't wait. I hope all of you with recent surgeries are doing well, and if you're in my area, enjoying the snow!

2 comments:

  1. But, that's probably b/c you look so much freakin hotter than before that she didn't even recognize you!! :) Seriously though, you are looking great and I know you said you are still swollen, but I can't really notice it much. You will feel so much better when your splint is out! You may feel strange the first day or two and might even feel like you want it back in. That's what happened to me. But after a few days, you will get used to it and love having that stupid thing out. Oh, and just to warn you, it's pretty nasty when it comes out. I know your doc is pretty hot, so make sure he wears his mask while taking it. haha I had my hot resident taking it out and he was trying to say he wasn't going to wear a mask so he could make fun of how it smelled and how gross it was. And I was like "I don't think so. Put on your damn mask!!" lol (Oh, and btw, I also responded on my blog to your post. just wanted to let you know!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great! I am still having people look away or just wonder 'what changed' and I am eight months post op! How funny people are! Now that I am getting used to my new look, I wouldn't go back for anything. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete