Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 21






Like I said in the last post, my swelling doesn't seem to be going down much right now. In fact, I woke up this morning and it was worse. Ugh! And that made my talking and drooling worse again too. Can we just skip straight to the part of this where it's all OVER??
But, on the plus side, today was the three week anniversary of surgery, which means I'm halfway to being rid of the splint! Of course, that also means I have three more weeks with it. My opinion on that being a long/short time varies greatly with my mood.
Basically, I'm bored out of my mind. I did get out on Friday to drive around and see Christmas lights with my wonderful best friend. I'd be okay with people seeing my swollen and yucky looking, but I'm not up for walking around drooling in public. I love Christmas, and usually go to every Christmas tree and exhibit in DC, so I'm bummed that I won't be able to do that this year. And man, what I wouldn't do for a piece of pizza and a chocolate chip cookie!
I'm surviving... but I miss real life and can't wait to have it back!

No comments:

Post a Comment